Tags: attorney, caught, criminal, law, lawyer, legal, life, maine, offense, old, parking, procedure, self, shoplifting, ticket, type, violation, woman
First Offense Shoplifting in Maine
I am beside my self. I am a 52 yr old woman that has not had so much as a parking ticket or any type of violation my whole life. I got caught shoplifting in a JCPenney store retail total of $219.00. I am ashamed of myself. I start a new job, and needed new clothes. I am a single parent where every day is a struggle. I am so sorry for what I did. I need to know what the process will be for me, I go to court in Dec. What type of fine will I have to pay, etc. Thank you for listening.
Leave a comment...
- 6 Comments
- #1; Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:05:00 GMT
- I don't see the connection between starting a job and stealing new clothes. As for being a single parent and stuggling many people do that and don't steal. Can you explain more?#2; Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:05:00 GMT
- Yes consult an Attorney far as background your fine. Background checks will show convictions not pending cases! You are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law! No background check should show this incident#3; Mon, 30 Oct 2006 16:09:00 GMT
- Consult a local criminal defense lawyer about the availability of diversion programs or a deferred sentence. Even if convicted a first-time shoplifter is most likely to receive fines and probation (and possibly community service), but if you can avoid a conviction it makes sense to do so.#4; Mon, 30 Oct 2006 07:29:00 GMT
- I agree Blue! Lady your situation does not warrant theft! I was a single parent with three kids and NEVER used theft to support them or myself. New clothes for job? What clothes did you wear to interview? No sorry nothing in your post makes me feel sorry for you at all. Be a big girl now and take your punishment it wont be bad on a 1st offense#6; Sun, 29 Oct 2006 19:14:00 GMT