Tags: 2nd, absolute, attorney, burglary, crimes, criminal, involves, law, lawyer, legal, procedure, serving, son, state, sub, surveillance, time, unlaw, york

Absolute Pardon

On Lawyer & Legal » criminal law & procedure

960 words with 1 Comments; publish: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 04:59:00 GMT; (80093.75, « »)

My question involves criminal law for the state of: New York

My son is serving time for 2 crimes, BURGLARY 2ND C

UNLAW SURVEILLANCE 2ND(SUB 1)E, that were part of a plea bargain.

In retrospect we see that he was overcharged by the DA with little option in the bargaining stages. As the years have gone by it has become clear that he should have fought harder for his rights, but didnt really know any better.

It has been advised that we consider petitioning for a governors pardon in NYS.

How do we go about starting this process? What documentation will I be required to submit? Is more information better? Transcripts? Letters of recommendation etc?

All Comments

Leave a comment...

    • I have been digging and digging through the NY web site, and it isn't easy to find.

      Pardons have been granted by Patterson, but there is no clear cut application available.

      You may wish to call the clerk of courts or a good attorney.

      #1; Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:37:00 GMT